Monday, August 29, 2011

Orientation has begun...

Today was the first official day of orientation.  Not too bad...A lot of down time in between appointments.  I received my school ID and my official white coat.....Okay, this is serious (smiling).  I am officially a medical student.  This is so AMAZING!  Today's events were broken up into two parts: morning and evening.  So, the evening were mini lectures on why we have to attend orientation for the rest of the week, and gave us a little history about Dominica. 

Now, that I have my white coat and student ID, it is official.  I'm in it to win it....During my preparation for medical school, I would actually sit and visualize myself putting on my white coat at the "White Coat Ceremony."  And now the white coat ceremony is schuduled for Sept 9th at 1pm...It will be available for viewing live online.  So, All my family and friends can experience it with me.  If any of you would like to view the ceremony, let me know and I will get you the sign in information.

So, tomorrow's orientation is more detailed about what we should expect this semester.  I will also attend the intro to the PaCE program.  I think Im going to sign up with it.  It will give me some flexibility, which I may need, having my son here with me. 

I like the way they had planned events for us all the way up to the start of class.  Things like tours of campus, tours of the near by cities, waterfalls, whale watching, beach parties, etc.  Im told that once school starts, there's not going to be much time for all of that.  So, we better enjoy it now.....Which I am...

Now, we are getting down to the real deal holyfield....Let the fun begin...


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I would love to see the ceremony because I have never witnessed one before.

    ReplyDelete