Saturday, September 3, 2011

Okay...Almost back to normal...

Okay, almost back to normal.  Just finished our mandatory orientation week.  Alot of good information....Im really impressed with Ross University School of Medicine.  I guess they have over 35yrs of experience at this and they are doing all they can to help make our experience here successful.  There are 400 students in my class and they start semesters 3x per year.  That is huge, when the average med school in US only can accomodate 230 students once per year..  How is this possible?  We are suppose to be more savy than a third world country aren't?  Well, Ross is owned by Devry.  So, I guess that says it all.  They have a lot of student support systems: Academic Success, Student Affairs, PAcE, Campus Life, and Wellness and Success (deals with the whole person: physical, mental and emotional with spiritual balance)..So, everything that is needed to be success is at our disposal.  We just have to use it..

Isn't that true with life?  Whatever you need, it's out there for you to seek out.  There's no excuses.  Especially, in our modern world.  We are so blessed.

So, after I calmed down and received my pep-talks from my support system, those that know me best.  My confidence and normal self is emerging.  After that week of intimidation, I knew I needed some relaxation before school started; so, I had a body massage today.  The therapist had a hard time with my upper shoulders (or medical terms: Trapezius muscle).  She was working hard, elbows and all..LOL...I guess I should start using medical terms to get used to all this.  My first gross anatomy class on Tuesday involves me dissecting a real cadaver.  Ironically, we will dissect the superficial & deep back.  So, I guess this is all in line.  It's funny how all things work together for good...

I met a second semester student that shared with me a lot of information and notes.  So, getting organized is imperative for success.  I have been previewing all my classes for next week.  So, when I go to class it will not feel like Im in a foreign country.  Oh, well I am in a a foreign county..LOL...The first week is just review of the past three years.  Did you get that?...It is only going to take one week to review and go over what I've been studying for the last three years.  That's amazing...Also, I spent thousands of dollar on books and she gave me all the books on pdf form..LOL..So, I know a lot of people did not buy the books.  But, I didnt want to take any chances of not having the information...It's better to be over prepared, right?

As I take a few deep breathes, Im getting back into my previewing...This is my new normal...





No comments:

Post a Comment