Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Here we go again...

Can you believe it?  I'm just waking up, when most people have gone to bed hours ago.  I think I feel asleep tonight about 8:00pm.  I beat Jamaal in the bed.  Now, Im up and it's 2 am.  It seems my neighbors always get home around 1am.  My neighbors upstairs have no idea of the noise they keep up...but, it's not totally their fault, the walls are too thin in the apartment.  I could hear their every move and their conversations.  I am definitely moving next semester. 

Although I am enjoying our long mile hikes home everyday..up hills , down hills, short cuts and passing our favorite two goats everyday: Vanila and Chocolate..I think those were the names Jamaal gave them, It's become a real adventure carrying groceries home, etc.  Forget about jumping into your car and getting home a quickly as possible.  WE DON'T HAVE A CAR..LOL...I could rent one, but the way they drive here is crazy....and besides I really wanted us to feel the culture here...whatever that means...right?? One thing I know, we are moving closer to campus....

So, I started reviewing the lectures for the next three weeks....OMG....why so many different subjects...?  When I registered for this semester, I thought we were going to have just four classes each systems....WRONG...I didn't know that within each system there are at least 6 to 8 classes, not including PBL, Anatomy labs, Histology Labs, and Behavior/Polycom....CRAZY schedule....So, when they say the program is systems based: know that you are going to be hit with a ton of class dealing with that particular system.  We are still in the fundamentals....until Oct. 7th.....

So, this next segment classes includes: well, it just too many to name...But, here are a few: Enzymes, Connective tissue, Epithelia, Cell signaling, Fertilization, Abnormal chromosomes, Nerve Tissue, Axilla & Brachii Plexus, etc, etc, etc. there's more where these came from...But, I love the way they've group them into categories: Biochem, Anat, Micro Anat, Physiology, Behav, etc.  By the time our next exam gets here we will have had at least 21 different lectures...  crammed into those four to five categories...All with at least 35 pages of lecture notes or more.  My Enzymes lecture 1 & 2, I think is over 126 pages....those are the lecture notes...LOL...One thing I have noticed is you really don't need the books, too much.  The notes are packed with everything you need.  So, I just wasted $1500, right...Well, no???  Well, yeah...LOL...I try to use my books to clarify something, since they are sitting in my face..but I could go the library for that or just email the instructor....I wish someone would have told me that...

On to a more delightful subject.  Every year Ross graduates over 800 (that's a conservative number) new doctors and I know I have everything it takes to finish successfully and then some.  So, with determination and the ability to actively participate with 100% of my efforts, I will be in my graduating class.  I'm already envisioning myself with my robe and that funny looking hat...LOL...I can do this....

Most have heard about it...but, until you actually experience it; WOW, it's an eye opener. 

So, here we go again...different mini...but in the end...all material will be tested together for the final....So, I pray and believe that all pertinent information is retain and I will be able to apply it when needed...

ISN'T LIFE GRAND?
Next level, Please....

1 comment:

  1. I spent 2 summers a few years ago enrolled in a special program at a local medical school, and 21 lectures/exam was pretty much what was required!

    Good luck this term, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete