Monday, September 5, 2011

The Ball is Rolling......

Okay, today was the first day of MEDICAL SCHOOL FOR ME!!!  Can you believe it?  It's finally here and it feeels GOOD...It's so surreal...I knew I would get here, but never imagine in a foreign country or in the carribean.  I know for sure this is where I'm suppose to be.  ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR MY GOOD.

The day started off with me dropping The Kid off at school.  He was so excited, too.  (I'm glad I instilled in my boys the love of a good education.  Both of them are so excited about embarking on new information and building a foundation that will allow them to make viable choices for their future.  There are no limits when you have the right tools to carve out your DESTINY.  They can't wait to prove to themselves and others, they can learn....and they can achieve their dreams, if they work diligently.)  Then I had to rush to the bus stop for my ride about 5minutes down the road (10 to 15min walk).  I missed the buses and didnt want to wait for the next so, I caught a taxi for $3. 

Arriving to class was cool, it was packed...approximately 400 new medical students ready to learn medicine.  Well, not this first week.  It's mostly review of what I've learned the past three years.  That is mind boggling to me.  But, I must push on...to the deep mysteries of medicine...LOL...

The professors were all very inviting and pleasant.  Im confident that  I will be able to keep up.  The Cell Biology professor was great..very personable and reassuring, Bio Chemistry was okay.  His pace was fast.  Anatomy professor was sharp, confident and you could tell she doesn't take no mess, but, overall pleasant and she moves very fast.  So, guess what Im doing tonight...you guessed it reviewing all todays lectures.

I completely missed my Anatomy lab lecture. As mentioned in previous blogs, I was selected to participate in PaCE and therefore, I had to attend the mandatory meeting for that.  So, I have to definitely review that lecture first....Especially, since tomorrow my group will be the first to do the dissection on the Superficial and Deep back of a cadaver (a corpse).

So, let the studying begin.....The ball is rolling.....

1 comment: