Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Intimidation Factor # 2

As the day progressed, I've come to realize that the most powerful form of intimidation is The way you think.  What your mind receives and processes as TRUTH, determines how you see things.  I was very intimidated by the words thrown out at me the first week of orientation.  I almost forgot who I am...How can I loose my identity, based on others preception and their words used.  WOW...I had to regroup and I mean fast.

We use to say as children, "sticks and stones may break my bones; but, your words will never hurt me."  That's good in theory.  But, the fact of the matter is,the influences, the words spoken to you do have a lot to do with how high you fly in life.  I had to catch myself....I'm a woman that has overcome many odds, criticism, misunderstandings to get where I am today.  Im here.  I'm in medical school.  So, all I have to do is apply myself just like I did to get here and I will be successful..

So, look into the way you think,,  How do you view the unknown? Do you know you have what it takes to go after what you want in life.  There are no limits to what you can have.  The only limitations are those we allow to become part of us.

As I was walking out of the gross anatomy lab, I felt a great sense of accomplishment and purpose.  This is what I was born to do.  Although it was my first dissection, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  My team members said, 'You sure are excited."  I replied, "Im excited about most things."  I'M BACK..I could feel it deep down inside...I quickly check my fears at the door and proceed with proficiency and confidence.  I was on point.  The same excitement that drove me to walk in destiny has re-emerged with a vengenace.  I know I can do this.  ...Now, that feels good..

I will control the way my mind thinks.  I choose this day to think highly of my capabilities.  Today I choose to believe that my path has brought me to this point to see how powerful I really am.   I have quoted this poem in other blogs, but it is ringing in my spirit today:

Our Deepest Fear by Marianne Williamson


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

I'm liberated....Thank you Father, for your light shining through me that others may see YOUR good work....The Truth has made me FREE....

4 comments:

  1. Amen to this!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a 45 year-old woman who entered university for the second time at age 42 (first was at 17). I will complete my BA degree this December, 2011. It's not medical school by any stretch, but has been a journey of huge challenges, and I commend your resolve. I found your blog because even at this late stage in my university studies, I am still wondering about the older student culture. I am constantly weighing the pros and cons of my decision. Have I done the right thing? For sure. I have gained so much from this experience. Good luck in your studies. You can do it and you will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration to me! May God continue to bless U. You will reach your destiny because you have determination !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your blog. Know that your journey of success is inspiring others onward on their journeys of success. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete