Friday, July 29, 2011

Friendship is Timeless and limitedless


The boys and I are on our wonderful Road Trip 2011...We settled in DC a few days ago...We have seen all the major sites of DC that there is to see.  We are actually exhausted of walking....I chose to walk to get some exercise and to help burn some of these calories from all the junk food I've been eating...

Tonight, I had the pleasure of spending time with an old friend, I have not seen him since 1989.  We served in the military together.  He was like a big brother to me.  I looked up to him in many ways.  One thing I remembered and admired about him was/is his close relationship with his son...Everytime you saw him..you saw his son...He was not only in the military, he was our DJ on base.........DJ Bobski.......He would spin the wheels every weekend at the NCO club and we all went there and had a fabulous time (trying to be grown)...He also was our trainer for a minute on the base honor guard, when he left I took over... Ironically, his wife and I shared the same name.  She was a very sweet woman.  She allowed him to be himself....to socialize and spin his records is what I remember of Joyce...RIP...

He was suppose to give me DJ lessons, so I could develop my skills as DJ Jazzy Joyce...LOL...after one lesson he gave up on me...But, tonight he promise to give me those lessons for sure one day...LOL

DJ Bobski..Im glad the social networks has brought us together, once again. As I was driving to my hotel room...tears formed in my eyes....because life is GOOOOOD...It's wonderful to be able to sit down with an ol' friend and go over all the good memories...the crazy adolescent mindsets we had way back then and thank GOD we have grown up. 

I remember him playing a prank on me one night.  I had requested a song and he made this big ol' to do about..."This is going out to my girl......etc, etc..etc."  And you would never guess what song he played for me.."SHE'S A SUPER FREAK...by Rick James"  I almost crawled under the table that night...But, those were the good ol' days...We were young, carefree and thought the world owed us something.....

When I moved from Dallas to Houston, a dear friend said to me something like...I guess Im loosing a friend..I told her, "FRIENDSHIP GOES BEYOND CITY LIMITS AND STATE LINES."  I truly believe that.  The efforts you make to remain in touch with your friends are invaluable.

Although it's been 22 yrs....We still are friends.  Although he had traveled all over the world and has now retired from the military...We still are friends...Although we both have lost spouses, had children...We still are friends...Although time has passed, 22 yrs ...We still are friends..........

The love a friend is nonjudgemental, it's free caring and sound..That's what I feel tonight...
I am forever grateful for experiencing in life true friendship in many forms....

Thanks BOBSKI for being a TRUE FRIEND all these years..
Love,
Joyce H.


Is there someone you need to reach out too...just to say "hello" or "I was thinking about you"...DO IT now..don't put off another minute...If they receive you with open arms then you know they are a TRUE Friend....

True Friendship is timeless and limitedless...Thank GOD for Friends..
I love you all...

1 comment:

  1. What a heartfelt post!! As I've gotten older, I certainly do treasure those friends from waaaayyyyy back! And I wish I had known you were in metro DC! It would have been great to meet for a cup of coffee before you begin your med school journey!

    ReplyDelete