Friday, July 15, 2011

Time is Winding UP...45 days to go..

In 45 days, I have to report to medical school...WOW..Time sure is flying by....I guess Im having fun...
I've been extremely busy, getting my house rented and moving. I am so blessed to have that huge hurdle completed and figured out.   I can not believe how much stuff we have.  We gave away half of what was in our closets.  The trash on the curb was embarassing.  WE are so blessed in America.  Our closets and storehouses are overflowing.  How many boxes of cereal do we really need?  Well, for the most part we have consolidated all the things we are taking with us and placed all the things we will leave behind in storage. 

This evening I got registered for my fall classes and started my order for my school supplies and books.  Thus far it is recommeded that we get over 31 items totally close to $1800.00 for the 2011 to 2012 school year...WOW... Im going to get everything.  I want to make sure I have all the proper materials, I need to be successful, especially my first year.  I want to hit the ground running. Some of my class have 4 books required and/or recommended.  WOW...Do I really need all those books?  I should have taken a speed reading class this summer...LOL

Im not sure how I am going to look in scrubs.  So, I think I will go out and buy a pair to see.  I want to be comfortable and stylish all at the same time...Vanity, Vanity....Vanity...LOL  I was shock to see BabyPhat has a line of lab coats.  I have a lab coat from my prereq, but they recommend we get a short one, too.  So, I am going to a local uniform supply and try them on....

I have my son registered for school. He will be attending a private school on campus taught by US certified teachers.  So, Im confident he will have a great school year.  He is already so advanced.  Reading and Math skills on a 4th grade level...So, that is handled. 

Now, I need to register for our health insurance, locate a shipping company and arrange pick up and delivery of all the stuff we are taking with us..Put our cars in storage, Select our housing on July 22nd.....and we are ready to go...



Oh, I almost forgot....The most important....Finalize my financial aid...I have to get on that tomorrow.......

It's funny, I was trying to get all this stuff taken care of in early June and was told Im moving too fast..I am too far ahead of the game..AND NOW I feel rushed.  But, in actuality, it's not a lot more that needs to be done.  Thank GOD...

Time is WINDING UP....Are you ready for your next level? 
I AM...

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you, and keep in mind you won't be on this journey alone, you'll have PLENTY of support in spirit!

    As for the "stuff" we as Americans accumulate, you're certainly right in that we ALL have way too much stuff! And I've recently started "decluttering" my life and have been a little shocked at how mcuh money we'vew wasted.

    At any rate, we're so proud of you and wish you the absolute best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wish you all the best!
    don't let anyone discourage you, that is what some people do to me, calling me too old to do my PhD. it breaks my heart. today I was looking into finding other 40y who are still student. I am happy I came across your blog, it encourage me to continue what I started.

    ReplyDelete