Thursday, November 7, 2013

The End of a Chapter...

Tomorrow, November 8th, 2013 is the last day of class for me as I have known it the past 2 yrs...I am closing, yet another chapter on this wonderful journey.  As I reflect on these milestones, my heart leaps with excitement,  gratitude and great hopes for the next level.  The interesting part about this is this is just the beginning.  I have 3 exams to prepare for within the next 11 days...And they are deal breakers...It's kinda strange that every exam in medical school is a deal breaker..that keeps us on edge...(Although, I've heard they've changed the grading rubric for those coming up the ranks, in order that one exam don't kill or kick you out of the game....I think that's wonderful...)

I'm closing this chapter with great excitement, believing I have received all that I need to succeed at the next level.  Feb 2014 is USMLE STEP 1 exam and then I start rotations..Now, in between is a whole lot of work...We have to take on Dec 13, the Comprehensive Shelf Exam, which goes over everything from day one..this is sorta a dry run for Step 1...So, beginning Nov 19th, it's hard core Step prep time.....

I remember when I was a young girl in church, we use to sing a song..."I'm running for my life...I'm running for my life, I'm running for my life, If any body ask you, what's the matter with me..Tell them I saved, sanctified, Holy Ghost filled, water baptized, I got Jesus on my side and I'm running for my life."  That's exactly where I am today..Still running..still pursuing..still living...still dreaming...still enjoying all that GOD has prepared for me...

The race is not given to the swift, nor the battle to the strong...Ecc 9:11
Know that all who run in a race competes for the prize, but only one receives?  Run to WIN..1 Cor 9:24 CJB

Now go live your dream..!


No comments:

Post a Comment