Tuesday, March 27, 2012

GRATITUDE

Gratitude, thankfulness, gratefulness, or appreciation is a feeling, emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive.

As Im finishing up this long and tedious semester, I am overwhelmed by the sense of Gratitude I am feeling now.  As I reflect on where I am today, compared to last semester, it's truly amazing.  I feel that I am in the right place at the right time..Living the life I am suppose to live, experiencing the experiences that are all mine and  I am looking forward to MY promising future.

Sure medical school is no cake walk; but, it's where I am suppose to be, at this moment in time.  It feels good knowing this.  It feels good knowing that each day I'm walking towards my dream. FOR REAL.!!!

The past three years have truly been unbelievable.  A lot of tears shed and a lot of "oh my gosh"....But, through it all, I'm still standing...and standing strong.  I am here amongst my peers, who are almost half my age.  I am here in a foreign land with my youngest son going after my dreams.  That is truly amazing.

So, it's only natural that gratitude is what I'm feeling: 
My oldest son is doing well in college.  He's growing into a fine young man.
My youngest son is doing well in school. He is such a happy kid.
My mom is my biggest support and pillar.
My family all supports me.
My friends are always here for me.
My health is excellent.
I am the riches woman on earth right now and to this I say...
Thank you Father...

What are you feeling right now?  I pray that your day is full of love, good health, purpose and determination.  I pray that each decision you make today will bring you one step closer to your dream.  

Thank you for allowing me to speak into your life today.  I pray that this blog will spark hope within you and you too will live A Life of GRATITUDE.. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello want to say that I am blessed by your story... I too am praying about applying to medical school but having so many doubts it. I am 31 years old and eveytime I want to give up on it it's like I can't.

    ReplyDelete