Monday, February 29, 2016

A REAL JOURNEY....


Good morning Beautiful People...This morning I am reflecting on Family and Friends...

For the past 8 years, I've been on a REAL journey...I haven't been able to make it to a lot of family functions...With taking care of my terminally ill husband (Doctor appointments 5 days/week. I remember one Christmas day he had chemo and we still hosted friends that evening), then losing him to cancer, 7 legal battles intervening in my adoption, raising 2 young men, and in the midst all of this, I was completing my prerequisites for medical school...and now I am on the verge of completing medical school...(‪#‎60moredays‬)...

Can you IMAGINE the AMAZEMENT I FEEL right now?...THIS IS SO HUGE....IT'S BIGGER THAN ME! GOD gave me the strength to continue to move forward at each step...Although it was no easy feat, I never wanted to give up... I just want strength and help to keep going...I had to do this...Put everything on the line...I gave up everything...I only focused on finishing...

Moreover, My Family and Friends have been understanding and have supported me with prayers and encouragement through it all...I haven't been able to make it home for Thanksgiving at my Aunt's house in California in years....I was out of country at school when 2 dear aunts passed away...I missed my cousin's homegoing service, too...I have missed a lot of births, too...I have cousins I need to meet...I missed weddings, too...Medical school does not give time off...It keeps going and going...There's no way you can miss a week...You would be too far behind...

BUT, although I've been absent, consumed medical school...My Family and Friends are coming to my Medical School Graduation...and for that I am forever GRATEFUL...God strategically placed me in the right family...LOVE YOU GUYS!
‪#‎FamilyFirst‬ ‪#‎RealLove‬ ‪#‎RealSupport‬ ‪#‎RealFriends‬ ‪#‎Understanding‬ ‪#‎a40yearoldmedicalstudent‬ ‪#‎WithGodAllThingsarepossible‬ ‪#‎LivingTheDream‬ ‪#‎Itispossible‬ ‪#‎YouCanDoItToo‬ #62moredays ‪#‎MDstatus‬


No matter how challenging your tasks are before you, remember those that truly love and support you will understand the sacrifices you NEED to make in order to accomplish your DREAMS...

Now, go live your DREAMS!

1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon!

    Thank you for sharing your journey with the world! I appreciate your story and I am VERY proud of you! I have an interview with Ross on next week and I am SO EXCITED!!!

    ReplyDelete