Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It is Possible...

Yesterday, was my comprehensive final exam.  I was totally blown out of the water.  As I was sitting there taking my exam...tears began to fill my eyes.  Oh my gosh, Am I in the twight zone?  It seemed my mind went completely blank.  I was so detached from what was in front of me.  This was scary.  I had to get a grip and I mean quickly. 

It was 3hr and 54min exam with no scheduled breaks and 183 questions and anything from the semester is open game.  For some reason going into this final I felt a whole lot of pressure.  I had such an emotional week leading to it..that I thought I cried out all my fears and frustrations and that I was going to be ready come exam day. 

I can't understand why the professors test the most obscure things on the final exams.  It just seems so crazy to me.  How are we suppose to memorize approx 320 hrs of lectures?  I know the answer to this question already.  It's called repetition.  I know we had a lecture on it this semester..LOL...In times like these is when I must put my faith into action and say and believe, "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me."  If others have done it before me...It is POSSIBLE...

It's possible to do the unthinkable.  It's possible to stretch yourself one to two more hours of studying. It's possible to develop your recall techniques to obtain the answers to crazy exam questions.  It's possible to dream a BIG dream and obtain it.  It's Possible.....

It the midst of seemingly defeat, it's possible to win....If I can push a little harder, studying one more lecture, answer one more question, push and keep pushing, because there is light at the end of the tunnel. There is another side to this story.  There is VICTORY waiting for me...Keep pushing..My  Dreams are right in front of me.  I'm closer than I think.  It's possible...PUSH...This is what I had to keep telling myself  and it helped me complete this semester.  Selah...

Lord give me strength...
Phil 3: 12-15 (Amplified Bible)

   "12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

 15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you."



2 comments:

  1. Hello again.

    I'm sure you did well on the exam (don't doubt it, because you know it is possible). Often the obscure question is there to raise the bar for an "A" and sometimes a "B'" on the exam. ...but it's not there to trick you out of an A or B, it's there to test your hunger for an A or B.

    In my undergraduate and graduate studies, I focused on these details a lot, starting after my second review of the core material presented in the chapter/lecture. Many times they refer to exceptions of the general rules/principles/concepts presented in the core material, so you can expect them to appear in exams as a test of your knowledge of their impact.

    ...and most of these critical/minor details are revealed during compare and contrast examples presented during the lecture/chapter paragraph, at the bottom of the lecture notes/chapter page on the topic, and alongside the paragraph on the chapter page on the topic.

    It's best to consider everything noted/discussed in the lecture/chapter as related and relevant somehow. ...and if you make it connect to the core material presented, then it's yours for recall and logical applications.

    Thank you again for posting (I remain inspired by you and your drive to get to the other side).

    Until next time, though, stay organized and stay relaxed, because you got this. It is possible!

    ...by the way, those binders look like they are filled with exspensive mental goodies (but that "I got this" pose in the picture is priceless).

    Also, please remember, like all of the others that did it before you, you have what it takes to get this done, and that's why you are there.

    ...keep pushing Jocye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minor details on exams was the exact same thing I experienced taking med school courses. URGH!

    ReplyDelete