Wednesday, August 1, 2012

BE READY....

My mom always told me, "Be ready in season and out of season, because you never know when your time will come."  Well, that rang true for me yesterday.  As I was wrapping up my studying on Monday night/Tuesday morning about 1:30am, I decided to check my Ross email account to see when we were having the debrief from our pretend anatomy practical.  I had a lot of emails to go through.  I hadn't check the inbox in about a week...Well, thumbing through all the emails, I noticed an invitation.  I opened it and it read, "You have been selected to present your Service Learning journal at the Ross University's Service Learning Symposium carded for Tuesday July 31, 2012 at 12:00 pm."  and it stated that I needed to RSVP by last Thursday. Well, I completely missed the response date.  I regretfully replied to the email and apologized for not responding early.  I chalked this experience up as, I missed an opportunity, but there will be more...I pray.. 

Fast forward to 11:30 am, Im just waking up because I didnt get to sleep until 4:30 am or so.  And I decide to check my email..and I get a response from the coordinator that, Im on the schedule for 12 noon.  OH MY GOSH...I quickly got dressed and rushed to campus.  I made it just in time.  As I walked through the doors, Im handed a program, and guess what? My name was listed as a selected speaker.  Then once the program began, they even had my picture up on the screen with all the rest of the presenters....I thought to myself, "how embarrassing this would have been to not to have shown up."




That was a close call...I've always said I live a life outside the box and with a lot of excitement and thrills.  Well, that was sure exciting...Most of yesterday I was on a nice high.  I was overjoyed that I didn't miss my date with destiny and that I was chosen to present my paper.  I was chosen for a task even before I knew that there was a task.  My name was written on a program that I had no knowledge of 24hrs prior.  My date with destiny was confirmed even without me confirming it.  The real question here is was I prepared?  Was I prepared to fulfill the task?  I'm happy to say, "YES! Yes I was prepared!"

I'm sure you've heard that success is when preparation meets opportunity.  That is so true in life.  You have to prepare for what you want in life. During the process of getting "there", preparation is part of the process.  All the good you want in life or out of life, ALREADY has your name on it.  The goals you want to achieve already have a predestined and an appointed time.  As you focus and prepare for your goals, believe that provision has already been made.  However, will YOU be ready?   

Be prepared...Be Ready..Because your date with Destiny is closer than you think...
""Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jerm 1:5
Now, Go live your dreams...





7 comments:

  1. You seem to be very successful at Ross, Once I reach the caribbean i'm going to ask you for all the advice I need to survive med school. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Israel

    Thank you for your positive reinforcement.
    Med school is probably the most challenging thing you will ever do. And you definitely need to build bridges with your classmates. No problem, definitely look me up...

    You already have what it takes...Your will to succeed is a good start..

    Best wishes on your journey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great post! I feel this post must be a confirmation of something I was asking for God's will because it ties directly into what I have been studying at bible study. I know this may be described as coincidence by non-believers, but I believe God used you to deliver a message to me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for posting this. I am also a 40+ med student, not in the Caribbean, but Latin America. I have been having my doubts, so it's good to see I'm not the only 40+ Afr Am female doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a question: I have two young kids (ages 1 and 2) and I was curious if you had female classmates who have young kids and how they are able to cope with the challenges of school and parenting at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are women here with young children. Majority of the women with children here are spouses of students. The few that are students, have their spouses to help with the children and most are preschool age and above.

      I'm not sure if your a single parent or not, like myself. It can be done. I know my son is 9 and is more self sufficient than your little ones...you will have to build a good support team and you will be able to do it.

      In order to accomplish this, you have to decide your gives, takes and sacrifices. What support system do you have available? What contigencies do you have to those plans?

      Always remember if there is a will there is a way..

      Delete
  6. Well done! I have been reading your blog for a little while now and never cease to come away feeling inspired. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete