Saturday, November 19, 2011

Age is just a number...

I've been celebrating this past weekend, it was my birthday...A few of my fellow classmates and I went out for a lobster dinner at a 5 star resort last Saturday night.  I was a blast. I'm so blessed and over joyed to have just turned 42 years old...YAY......I can not even believe I'm that old....I still feel...no more than 30..... and majority of my peers (average age is 24) can not believe my age either...



Feeling very youthful and feeling the need to enjoy something other than studying for a change, I went to a social gathering last night and met a couple of new people....It was fun...I was talking to "a local" (meaning he is from Domonica), he remembered me from the on campus post office.  He is the immigration officer there, that checks all packages that arrive on campus and assess a fee for them.  So, we were joking around about him over charging me for my packages, etc, etc....He made a comment like, I know I look young for my age and you are not even going to be able to guess my age.  I replied, "you will not be able to guess my age."  LOL...So, I played along with the guessing game.  Then he finally told me his age: 29 years old.  Then he said, "Do you consider that old...?" I laughed so hard....I said "NOT REALLY."  At this point I am feeling real good about my youthful appearance...Then I dropped the bomb on him...His eyes almost popped out of his head....LOL...He was speechless...I just laughed and laughed......

I realized that my age is just that, my age.  Nothing to be ashamed about.  Nothing to hide.....Wrapped up in these last 42 yrs, are a lot of life lessons to share, to reflect on and most of all to learn from.  A lot of wonderful experiences and memories.  Moreover, the truth of the matter.....time goes by so fast...But, over all I can say Im pretty pleased with what I have accomplished and where I am now in my life.  I can and am truly walking in BLISS. Glory be to GOD....

So, as we reflect on the things we desire in this life, are we going to be confined/constrained to numbers such as age, MCAT scores, GPA, zip code, bank accounts, etc, etc.  Or are we going to go live beyond the obvious and pursue the unknown?  2 Cor 4:18

I'm learning a positive lesson when it comes to maturing in age, it doesnt really matter what age you are, as long as you are doing what you are suppose to be doing, at this point in time. LIVING ON PURPOSE...

So, don't wait another minute, day, month, or year.  Go, pursue your dreams NOW. Find the love of your life, NOW.  Work in the career you've always dreamed of, NOW.  Live in the neighborhood you've always desire, NOW.  Drive the car you've always wanted, NOW.  Appreciate LIFE, NOW..... TODAY!

I would only pray that my next 42yrs will be filled with LOVE, PEACE, HEALTH, WEALTH, WISDOM, UNDERSTANDING, ABUNDANCE AND MOST OF ALL.....PURPOSE.

LIFE IS GOOD...
NOW, GO LIVE YOUR DREAMS...

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday ! hope all is going well on the island .

    ReplyDelete
  2. a40yearoldmedicalstudentNovember 20, 2011 at 2:23 PM

    Thanks Dr. Huynh....Things are going well..

    ReplyDelete