Friday, June 10, 2011

Everythings Ready, except..

I have my package for my student visa ready to go, except Im waiting on my son's birth certificate. When I received his passport back they did not included it in same envelope. Hopefully, I should get it any day now.

I have filled out all the paper work, got my passport updated and had my physicial. Im excited. I am going to try to rest and relax the whole summer. However, I am going to complete a medical terminology and review basic chemistry, etc that is recommended for incoming med students..

Thinking about doing a 21 day tour of US...going to Atlanta, GA, Washington DC and NY, NY...It will be a blast...Then when I get back, start my review courses...and get packed..

WOW, medical school...Im so excited. I've always said I wanted to be a Radiologist or Anesthesiologist. From a little girl, these peaked my interest for one reason or another. My dad has worked in the anesthesiology dept at Cedars Sinai Medical Center for 41yrs...and I guess that's were that interest stemmed from. But, the radiology I can't put my finger on it. But, it has always been there.

Now, that I see the importance of pain management from my hands on ordeal with my late husband, I have a strong desire to specialize in pain management. What a blessing it is to be pain free and comfortable in our skin. My late husband suffered from prostate cancer that mestastasized to his bones...from his rib cage to his spine....The only comfort I could offer him during his excruciating episodes where is pain pills and a lot of prayer. SO, will I be able to venture into a field I've always had interest in from the outside looking in to now personally understanding a patients plight with battling pain...I can not wait to see the ultimately outcome.

They say you never know if you like a car until you drive it. And I was given that same anaology about what area of interest in medicine as well. But, I do have a strong inclination of where I would like to practice. I know I will get a great deal of satisfaction from results oriented medicine, making a difference at the end of the day is important to me.

So, Everythings ready...my mind, my body, and my spirit is ready to embark on my childhood dream....GOD, I thank YOU for Your Faithfulness, even when I strayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment