Sunday, October 4, 2015

Will your DREAM BLOSSOM or will it die unfulfilled?

I received a message from one of my blog followers expressing her appreciation of this blog. 


"You are very inspiring and I know you will make a great doctor.  also want to deposit a small token because you have helped me restore confidence and faith in pursuing my vision of becoming a medical doctor. Thank you so much. I know God will finish what he started in you. Once you receive your medical degree and residency placement don't stop. This is just the beginning of the ministry and purpose God has planned for you. God bless and keep writing :) " I.U.


I really appreciate those kind words.  When I first began this journey, I came up against a lot of opposition from the so called "experts", that were suppose to be advising me on the possible path (s) I could take.  But, instead they tried to kill my dream.  So, out of angry and frustration, I began to write about my journey.  I knew if I could encourage, inspire and help people realize that the only walls left standing in your life are those that you chose not to tear down or break through.  


Yes, opposition will come, a lot of nay sayers will raise their head.  But, you as the carrier of the dream MUST know that the dream can either die unfilled or blossom with full manifestation.  I chose the later.  I chose to believe in me, my GOD, my support system and I did whatever needed to be done to make it happen.  During the early stages, my husband became terminally ill.  I chose to reorganize, restructure my plan verses giving up on my plan.  I switch to taking prerequisites at night so, that I was able to take him to every doctors appointment during the day.  While maintaining a loving and peaceful environment for my children at home.  I didn't have time to worry or even consider the walls that were before me.  I had to devise a plan to break through them and knock them down. 


We live in a big world with endless opportunities...I know the US is one of the most desired countries to live in...But, when I felt the doors were not opening up fast enough for me here...I branched out to see my options outside of US...and it was worth the venture.  Ross University School of Medicine on the Island of Dominica gave me my opportunity to manifest my dream.  After only 2 short years there, I returned to US to complete my clinical rotations.  Sometimes, you have to get outside your comfort zone.  Don't let the unknown hinder your pursuit.


My thoughts on this beautiful Sunday morning is, we as a people need each other.  We need to share our story, our triumphs, so those coming up behind us will know that they can make it, too.  No matter how big the dream, how far off it may seem...If you continue to go after that which is deeply rooted in your heart...a door...a way...a path WILL open up...if you do NOT give up!


I totally believe, "iron sharpens iron, as one man sharpens another."  Proverbs 27:17...


Now, Go live your dreams!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Thank you for responding! This just made my day :) - I.U.

    ReplyDelete