Sunday, July 5, 2015

Surgery in the midst of Step 2 CK....UGH!

I know you all are wondering...Hey, where is she?  what is she up to?  Well, I'm on course to finishing my final year with the same amount of enthusiasm as when I first began this journey...perhaps, I am harboring a great deal of excitement and anticipation, too....I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. 


I'm in my last core rotation, surgery, and still prepping for CK...I feel like these two things are my last hurdles I need to jump before Match 2016 opens in September.  And they are the BIGGEST, yet....I had planned on being finished with Step 2 by now...but, just wasn't ready...so, I rescheduled my exam until this Friday...I don't think you can every feel ready for these kind of life changing exams...The many hours invested in studying seems like it's never enough...but, the longer you put it off the more likely you will forget the stuff you reviewed in the beginning...So, I'm praying, believing and hoping for a successful experience with CK...


I started surgery at the end of last month and it has been non stop...OMG...I'm working with an orthopedic surgeon that specializes from the elbow down...very specialized.  So, most of the day we are examining hand and wrist injuries.  I never knew so many people had issues with their hands...from young to not so young...


I chose two fields for surgery: orthopedics and plastics...I didn't get the plastics; but, I was really curious about the new craze of butt injections and wanted to see how it was done by real professionals...Some years ago my sister had a friend that was a plastic surgeon in Laguna Nigel, Ca and when I met him he said, "I can fix your nose." He began to tell me what he would do to improve it...Then I said, "Who said there was something wrong with my nose?"  LOL...


My second have of surgery is general surgery....I could just imagine what I will experience there...It will be all fine because I will have finished all major exams and can focus completely on it....


I've always had an interest in orthopedics, especially hip and knee replacement.  Knowing several people that have had them, I wanted to see how it's all done...I think I could easily work in orthopedics...I know how to use a screwdriver, mallets and hammers...It's a lot like construction and I use to own a remodeling business.  I know how to cut wood, lay tile, etc.  So, far hand surgery seems pretty routine...lot of the same injuries: pins and plates needed. 


I know one thing, this hand surgery rotation has made me more conscious of my hands and wrists while I'm roller skating...I really need to get some wrist guards...Although I have not fallen in years, but accidents are accidents...


So, looking back over this tedious journey...I'm so glad to share this with you...I decided to share my experience in order to show you that with determination, perseverance, commitment, a never give up attitude, you can accomplish what ever you desire to do.  Will you have obstacles? Absolutely!  Will there be days of asking, "Lord which way do I go?"  Absolutely! But, what most of all you must possess is knowing with your whole heart, every part of your being that this is what and where you are suppose to be and you will let nothing stop you from getting THERE....


Now, go live your dreams!


James 1:5-10New King James Version (NKJV)
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment