Sunday, January 15, 2012

I HAVE A DREAM...

Today many in the US are celebrating a man that had a dream....He scarifced his life for others to fulfill their dreams....DR. Martin Luther King, Jr....was born on this day.   This summer my sons and I visited the Dr. King museum in Atlanta, Ga.  I wanted my sons to understand the privilege life they live was due to the sacrifices of our past ancestors.  It was a life changing event to see how far we have come as a people and as a nation. 




Dr. King epitomized the meaning of Living a DREAM.  In the face of overt racism and much opposition, he forged on to shed the light on unthinkable conditionsof his fellow man.  In 1964, King became the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for his work to end racial segregation and racial discrimination through civil disobedience and other nonviolent means.  He had a DREAM, a BIG DREAM.  Although his life was cut short at the age of 39, he lived each day making the necessary steps to accomplishing his dream.

So, as we celebrate one of the greatest men in our History, take a moment to reflect on your HOPES, DREAMs, and YOUR Destiny.  Are you taking the necessary risk, steps to see that they come to pass?  Are you counting up the cost and planning accordingly?  I would hope so.  You only have one life to live and you might as well go for the GOLD.



So, as I begin my studying today.  I will remember Dr. King and his sacrifice which affords me the freedom to go, to live and to do what I desire without limitations on my race, creed or color.  I will purpue my life's purpose with excitement and enthusiasm because it is possible to achieve. 

"Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

To have a dream is powerful.  It gives hope and vision for a better future.  So, keep your dream ALIVE.  Keep hope ALIVE.  Remember, through struggle you are able to gain strength.  Jer 29:11says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." NKJV


Now, GO live your DREAMS...

No comments:

Post a Comment